Saturday, May 05, 2007

Looong overdue... continued

January
CZ announced she was leaving the Partnership. I was glad that she was upgrading, but sad that she wouldn't be just down the hall anymore. That stunk. Now she's making up for it by working brutal amounts of overtime.

The CaFCP were asked by First Lady Maria Shriver to run a taxi/limo service for VIPs during the Governor's 2nd Inauguration festivities. Decorum prevented me from taking pictures and getting autographs, so you'll just have to take my word on this: I drove Bob Saget, Jerry Zucker, Tom Arnold, and Tony-winning Dreamgirls star Jennifer Holliday between airports, hotels, and performance halls, while giving the typical Fuel Cell Spiel. Jerry Zucker is really knowledgeable and interested in alt fuels! Bob Saget is a really cool guy who dotes on his children in an adorable way. People said Ms. Holliday was rather rude, but I claim that all my years as a singer taught me how to handle divas. I thought she was pretty nice myself, we had a good conversation as I was taking her home from rehearsal, and when she emerged from Memorial Auditorium after singing at the Inauguration, she ignored everyone else and said to me "Hey, Songbird!" I felt so special!!!

February
Traveled, traveled, traveled.

No comments: