Friday, March 14, 2008

Back-Posting: 2007 Part 3

Most of the summer was taken by business trips, which meant I got to travel a lot to interesting locations, so it wasn't all bad. But I can't talk about them. I can say that I watched the Perseid meteor shower during a trip in August and it was AMAZING - I was able to go home at a reasonable hour after seeing 20 falling stars. Cool, huh?



Outside of work, in July I went to the Berkeley Kite Festival with Carmalyn. We did a little flying of our own, but mostly watched the kite performances (especially the synchronized quad-lines - see the video) and Japanese kite-fighting. I think I sunburned all the way to my internal organs, but it was a lot of fun. Check these photos!





Kite Fest Front Gates




Japanese Kite Fighting (Ro-kaku)





No comments: